The topic of artificial intelligence (AI) and how it is driving precision medicine in healthcare was the focus of the inaugural GNS Precision Medicine Industry Forum which took place May 18th in Cambridge. More than 50 attendees representing biopharma, health plans and foundations joined forces with industry leaders to discuss how AI is propelling precision medicine to improve drug discovery and development, enhance health outcomes and help the industry address the challenges of value-based care.
“We are on the precipice of making precision medicine a reality because we now have the capability to discove novel insights at scale with AI,” said Colin Hill, Chairman, CEO, and Co-Founder of GNS Healthcare. “Our forum brought together some of the most innovative biopharma companies and thought leaders to discuss how to drive success in all phases of drug development, from discovery to clinical trials to commercialization. It is also unique in its ability to offer the payer perspective and drive the conversation around value-based strategies.”
Featured speakers included:
- John Baldoni, PhD, SVP, DPU Head of In Silico Discovery, GSK Pharmaceuticals;
- Troy Brennan, MD, MPH, Chief Health Officer, CVS Health;
- Joseph Lehar, PhD, Executive Director of Computational Biology, MRL, Merck;
- Gary Loveman, PhD, former President of Consumer Health and Service, Aetna;
- John Reynders, PhD, VP of Data Sciences, Genomics, and Informatics, Alexion;
- Michael Ryan, PharmD, Head of US Value, Access and Payment, Bristol-Meyers Squibb;
- Birgit Schoeberl, PhD, Global Head Modeling & Simulation, PK Sciences, Novartis Institutes of Biomedical Research;
- Meena Subramanyam, PhD, VP, Global Program Leader of Gastroenterology Therapeutic Unit, Takeda Pharmaceuticals;
- Gregg Talbert, PhD, Global Head of Digital Personalized Healthcare Partnering, Roche;
- Alan Venook, MD, Madden Family Distinguished Professor of Medical Oncology and Translational Research,UCSF
For all the main themes of the conference, download our Conference Highlights here.
If interested in attending the 2019 Precision Medicine Industry Forum, please email email@example.com